Director: Roger Kumble
Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillipe, Reese Witherspoon, Selma Blair
Cruel Intentions transfers the 'Dangerous Liasons' tale to the streets of Manhattan. It follows a bet between wealthy, bored prep school student Kathryn (Gellar) and her stepbrother Sebastian (Phillipe) that he can't deflower the virginal Annette (Witherspoon), daughter of the new headmaster before the new school year begins. If Sebastian is unable to accomplish this task, Kathryn gets his Jaguar Roadster, and if he succeeds, he gets an evening of pleasure with Kathryn.
Despite the fact this movie is now 11 years old, it still holds such relevance in today's society. While watching, i also couldn't help but draw on some similarities between the characters of this movie and those of that in Gossip Girl. Wealthy Upper East siders consumed by sex and scandal.
Some of my favourite lines and tag lines from the movie include:
- In the game of seduction, There is only one rule: Never fall in love
- What you can't have, you can't resist.
- They're old enough to know better, but too young to care.
- In the game of seduction and betrayal, how far will you go?
- Are you in, or are you out?
- Everyone does it, no one talks about it
I loved this movie, and have for so long!