Monday, July 5, 2010

JULIANA FORGE

Same year level as Caroline and myself.
Went to school around the corner with many of my friends.
Owns a black horse.
International model.
Recently had a casting with Victoria's Secret.

"I thought at the start of the year I'd take this year off (she finished year 12 last year) and give it a go," she said.

"I didn't think I'd be working this hard, but it's all so exciting."


Forge said she had been exposed to the challenges of international modeling, going to castings alongside super-skinny models.

"When I was in New York they sent me to a couple of castings and I was thinking, 'What am I doing here? I feel like an elephant'. Some of the girls were so, so skinny," she said.

But Forge said she was determined not to succumb to the pressure to shed weight.

"I'm happy with my body the way it is," she said. "I'm the sort of person that if I was told I was too big, I wouldn't want to model the clothes anyway."






In the five months since becoming a full-time model, Forge has shot a print campaign for Ralph Lauren in New York and the new Seafolly swimwear campaign with fellow Aussie Jess Hart.

While in New York she will shoot another campaign for Ralph Lauren and is on hold for a cover shoot for German Vogue magazine.

At the moment we love her potential. However after close examination of many of her photos its clear she's lacking the knowledge of how to work her face in many different ways which can only come from experience.

This girl has big things coming her way and we wish her all the best.





E.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment